All referrals are personally reviewed and triaged by Dr. Tan and appointment scheduled after any required investigations or MDM.
Certain benign conditions may have longer waiting periods to obtain an appointment so as to maintain priority for the patients with proven or suspicious of having a malignancy.
Below is a guide to our triaging:
- New confirmed/highly suspicious of malignancy – see within 1 week unless needing MDM or further investigations
- Clinically urgent due to symptoms – see within 2 weeks
- Low index suspicion for malignancy – see within 2 to 3 weeks
- Complex benign – see within 4 weeks
- Uncomplicated benign – next available appointment
I see patients every Friday morning at Ascot Central Clinic and Tuesday morning if I am not operating.
We will make contact with all patients, and occasionally patients with uncomplicated benign conditions may be offered names of other Gynaecologists in the same practice who may be able to see the patients earlier, so as to maintain our aim of providing all newly diagnosed cancer patients within a week.
All cancer/high suspicion of cancer cases will get priority and be discussed at MDM.
Please feel free to discuss any urgent appointments on (09) 5209361 and ask for Mary.